One of the most pivotal aspects of the moving process that could mean success or failure is choosing the right moving company. Everything depends on whether the movers you hire are quality movers and completely trustworthy movers.
In other to have a stress-free moving experience, here are few tips that can help you in identifying quality movers;
1. They’re thorough: A reputable moving company will conduct a thorough walk-through of your home to determine what will be moved, the weight of items, and what will be left behind. If they’re not asking you thorough questions to get to know your items, you probably don’t want to go with them.
2. They have good references: Reach out to friends and family first to see if they have any companies they’d recommend. Always look at online reviews of companies you’re considering, and don’t hesitate to ask potential companies for their references.
3. Reviews and ratings: these days, you just cannot buy something or sign up for any products and services without reviews. It is easy for a company to throw in a bunch of fake reviews on their App. However, it is hard for a moving company with multiple great reviews to be on their website and other online review sites to not be credible. Reviews and ratings should be the key indicator of what company should or shouldn’t be on your shortlist. It should be able to help you determine not only what companies to consider hiring but also what companies not to hire.
4. They don’t require a large deposit: If they ask for a large deposit, consider going elsewhere.
5. Quality over cost: while the budget is always a big factor while moving, there are other important things that go beyond the prices and costs. What is the point of choosing the cheapest only to incur even greater damages and losses afterward? Remember to always go for quality over services. You also don’t want to hire movers only to find out they can’t offer a service you thought they would. Always consult thoroughly before hiring.
6. Online and offline references: Reading online reviews is equal to getting online references. If you do not know any people personally who can refer you to certain companies, you can always find them online. Make sure to also check social media and other sites. However, if you can get recommendations from people you personally know and trust, it is even better. This could be a close friend or even a neighbour.